My major research interest is in experimental condensed matter physics and more specifically, in synchrotron radiation studies of interfaces, superconducting devices, superconducting thin film fabrication and characterization. The experimental research I have done has always been characterized by interdisciplinary projects. Indeed, my work in fabricating and applying superconducting devices ranged from nuclear physics (micro-strip particles detectors), astrophysics (bolometers for infrared radiation), materials science (growth and characterization of thin films by molecular beam epitaxial system), aeronautics (quality assessment of metallic and composites components for aircraft industry by superconducting quantum interference devices (SQUIDs), to fundamental physics (spontaneous flux in π-Josephson junctions observed by HTS SQUID magnetometry). More recently, I have used the synchrotron radiation to investigate the cohabitation between magnetism and superconductivity at thin film interfaces, for spintronics applications; and used low-temperature magnetotransport measurements to study how magnetism and superconductivity are related to the electronic structure of superconducting pnictides films.
- A. Ruosi, C. Raisch, A. Verna, R. Werner, B. A. Davidson, J. Fujii, R. Kleiner, and D. Koelle, "Electron sampling depth and saturation effects in perovskite films investigated by soft x-ray absorption spectroscopy", Phys. Rev. B 90, 125120 (2014).
- R. Werner, C. Raisch, A. Ruosi, B. A. Davidson, P. Nagel, M. Merz, S. Schuppler, M. Glaser, J. Fujii, T. Chassé, R. Kleiner, and D. Koelle, "YBa2Cu3O7 / La0.7Ca0.3MnO3 bilayers: Interface coupling and electric transport properties", Phys. Rev. B 82, 224509 (2010).
- S. Frolov, M. J. A. Stoutmore, T. A. Crane, D. J. Van Harlingen, V. A. Ooznov, V. V. Ryazanov, A. Ruosi, C. Granata and M. Russo, "Imaging spontaneous currents in superconducting arrays of pi-junctions", Nature Physics 4, 32 - 36 (2008).
- A. Ruosi, M. Valentino, V. Lopresto and G. Caprino, "Magnetic response of damaged carbon fiber reinforced plastics measured by a HTS-SQUID magnetometer", Composite Structures, 56, 141-149 (2002).
- C. A. Nordman, V. S. Achutharaman, V. A. Vas’ko, P. A. Kraus, A. R. Ruosi, A. M. Kadin, and A. M. Goldman, "Magnetic and electrical properties of the ferrimagnet Dy0.67Ca0.30MnO3±d ", Phys. Rev. B 54, 9023 - 9026 (1996).